Nebraska Youth Conservation Program
Why Not Explore, Learn and Work in the
Great Outdoors this Summer?
Home | About | View Brochure | Promote (Poster) | Applications are CLOSED
The Deadline has Passed. We are no longer taking applications for these positions!
Need a Summer Job?
Apply to be a Crew Member or Crew Leader Today!
Jobs run from June 18 - August 3, 2012
What is it?
In May 2011, the Governor signed into effect the Nebraska Youth Conservation Program, also known as Legislative Bill 549. The goal of this program is to conserve and develop natural resources through the employment of Nebraska Youth.
The Youth Conservation Program offers a unique opportunity to understand and appreciate the environment while employing at-rish youth to become knowledgable of the upkeep within the State Parks and to develop into productive adults.
Why should you apply?
To gain experience in landscaping, trail development, painting, vehicle maintenance, learn more about conservation and wildlife management in the parks, networking for future jobs in the field.
- Crew member will start on June 25, 2012 and will earn $7.35 an hour.
- Crew leaders will start on June 18, 2012 and earn $14.89 an hour.
Eligible Crew Members (16-20 years-old and a resident of Nebraska) Need to Meet one or more of the requirements Below:
- income eligible (low income), receiving public assistance
- Impacted by substance abuse or physical abuse
- Negative contact with law enforcement
- Not experiencing success in school and is in jeopardy of dropping out
Eligible Crew Leaders
- Age 21 or older
- Experience working with youth in a counseling or team building environment
- Valid Nebraska Driver's License
If hired we provide:
Lunch, transportation to the worksite, gloves and uniforms, equipment needed to do your assigned tasks.
If you are interested and want to apply just visit http://neworks.nebraska.gov and sign up, then search for Youth Conservation Program | View the Brochure