Eugene T. Mahoney SP
28500 West Park Hwy
Ashland, NE 68003
Phone: (402) 944-2523
VIEW UPCOMING ACTIVITIES
Photo Gallery | Park Map | Visitor Information Guide | E. T. Mahoney RATES
Park Brochure | Summer Activities | Theatre Schedule |
Naturalist Program - Naturalist Weekly Schedule
Eugene T. Mahoney State Park offers year-round accommodations and recreational use. This ultra modern park offers a spectacular array of lodging, group meeting facilities and activities. Located near Ashland, just off of I 80 at exit 426, Mahoney nestles on 690 acres along the picturesque Platte River.
The dominant feature of the park, the Peter Kiewit Lodge, offers 40 guest rooms, each with private bath. There are sleeping lofts and fireplaces in 16 rooms. Each has two queen beds.
The Peter Kiewit Lodge also houses the restaurant (where guests can dine with the scenic Platte River as a backdrop), a gift shop and meeting rooms. The restaurant can also cater meals for group activities.
Mahoney has a variety of recreational activities to offer, including a Family Aquatic Center complete with a 0-depth swimming and wave pool and two 200-plus-foot curling water slides.
- The Family Aquatic Center, which includes 3 water slides, wave pool, lap pool and concession stand is operational daily from Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day weekend, weather permitting (reduced operational hours beginning mid-August. Please call for more details). Admission is $8 for adults and $7 for children (ages 3-12).
- The hours of operation are noon-5 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. daily, weather permitting, thru mid-August. Hours of operation will be reduced from mid-August thru Labor Day weekend. For more information please call 402-944-2523 ext. 7122.
Drop slide: no restrictions, must be a good swimmer (able to make it to the side)
Big slide: 3' or 36" tall , parents can catch the child, no doubles (going down the slide)
- No flotation devices allowed, only coastguard approved life jackets (tubes available for rent- $3)
- Water coolers are not allowed, no outside food or drink allowed in facility except sealed bottled water
- Re-entry IS permitted, you must get a stamp on your way out in order to enter again
- Children 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult
- Proper swimwear is required, may wear a shirt over swimsuit, no denim
- Any patron entering facility must pay admission fee
Nearby Attractions include:
Platte River State Park the Strategic Air and Space Museum, Lee G. Simmons Conservation Park and Wildlife Safari, Quarry Oaks Golf Club and Iron Horse Golf Club
149 camping pads with electrical hookups*
*20/30-amp. 1-year advance reservable campsites
54 cabins that may be reserved. 40 lodge rooms. Cabin Floor Plans
Little Creek and Lakeside campgrounds offer spacious, hardsurfaced pads, situated among mature shade trees near Owen Marina Lake. Modern shower/latrine buildings and drinking water are conveniently located in both areas. There is a coin-operated laundry in the shower building at Little Creek. Trailer dump stations and water are available near the park entrance.
All campers must register at the office prior to setting up on a campsite. Reservations are accepted. Reservations are taken for 50% of the modern camping. Reservations are taken up to 1 year in advance of arrival day. Year to date reservations begin at 9 a.m. CT, by phone, in person or over the Internet.