We received a whopping 562 entries, a record number, for this year’s “name-the-chicks” contest. Thanks to everyone for their submission. Another new feature this year is that public will select the ultimate winner. Out of the 562 entries, five excellent choices were selected. There were numerous excellent entries, so this was a tough decision. But now, it is up to you to vote. The poll is below, but you should probably read the rationale behind each of the top five entries before making your final decision. So, here they are in no particular order.
- Lewis and Clark: Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were early explorers of the Louisiana Purchase. Four individuals submitted this entry.
- Kit and Kaboodle: The two eyas are the whole “kit and kaboodle”.
- Standing Bear and Red Cloud: Famous Native Americans with Nebraska ties.
- Carson and Cavett: For Johnny Carson and Dick Cavett, famous Nebraskan media giants.
- Castor and Pollux: Greek mythological figures.
Voting ends 26 June and the winner will be announced on 28 June. With no further adieu, let the voting begin!!
What should the two male juvenile peregrines be named?
- Lewis and Clark (34%, 202 Votes)
- Castor and Pollux (27%, 160 Votes)
- Carson and Cavett (16%, 96 Votes)
- Standing Bear and Red Cloud (16%, 95 Votes)
- Kit and Kaboodle (7%, 44 Votes)
Total Voters: 597