During its 53rd annual meeting, held in Mobile, Ala., Sept. 8-12, 2012, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) elected officers for the nonprofit organization for the 2012-13 year. Herb Angell was elected Vice President of National Association of State Boating Law Administrators.
[ Photo: Herb Angell, center of the photo during a recent kayaking class at Platte River SP. With Herb from left to right are Donna Schimonitz, Christy Rasmussen, Tina Rohrs and Darlene Kastl.]
Jim Graybeal, the boating law administrator for Delaware, past NASBLA president, and chairman of the election committee said that “Herb was nominated for VP because of his unique leadership style and passion for recreational boating safety programs both at the national level as well as in his home state, Nebraska.” It quite an honor to be recognized by your peers and I’m very humbled to be in the company of the other NASBLA board members. To me, they are the real leaders.
Officers serving the association include:
- Vice President – Herb Angell, Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
- Treasurer – Kevin Bergersen, Arizona Game & Fish Department
- Member-at-Large – Eleanor Mariani, Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Member-at-Large – Darren Rider, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
- Member-at-Large – Dave Harris, Utah State Parks
- Immediate Past President – Jim Graybeal, Delaware Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Control