Congratulations to Carly Salak
On August 24th , at the 2nd Annual Governor’s Wellness Awards Luncheon at the Governor’s residence, the Governor Heineman presented awards to Wellness Champions that had gone above and beyond to promote wellness at their workplace. One of the Wellness Champion Awards went to our own Carly Salak.
Carly earned this Wellness Champion Award for her following efforts:
- Working together in partnership between Wellness and Game and Parks
- Carly closely monitors the Game & Parks staff Wellness Plan qualification status in order to communicate remaining steps to appropriate Game & Parks employees, especially when deadlines for the Wellness program are near and during Open Enrollment.
- Carly is a very conscientious worker and takes it upon herself to make sure all their participants are aware of their wellness plan qualification status.
- Carly is an avid promoter of the State of Nebraska Wellness Program and is extremely positive.
- She is enthusiastic and passionate about wellness and communicates the Wellness program information well to her co-workers.
“It was a total surprise.” Salak said. “It really means a lot to me. This effort was like a dual mission because it accomplished both the goals of the Wellness Program and the mission of Game and Parks which is to encourage people to get outdoors,” she added.