Telecheck is closed during the November firearm deer season.
The Nebraska Telecheck Program allows hunters
to check deer or antelope by telephone or online, 24 hours a day, 7 days
a week. All deer harvested outside the November firearm season MUST be checked
via Telecheck as manual check stations will only be available for the November
firearm season. Antelope archers, muzzleloaders and late season hunters must use Telecheck.
How to get started:
- Make sure you have a pen and your permit.
- Call (800) 405-7700 or visit www.NEdeercheck.com
- Provide the required information, and write the seal number and security code on your cancelled permit.
- Unit code: A three digit number on the permit
- Permit #: Most are seven digit numbers
- Date of kill: (mm/dd/yyyy) Example: 09/15/2010
- County of kill: Name or two digit county license plate code
- Species: Whitetail, Mule deer or Pronghorn
- Sex: Male or female
- Age: Adult or fawn
- Antelope: Is horn length greater or less than 9.5 inches?
- Guide for measuring Antelope Horns and Deer Antlers
- Deer: Is inside spread of main beam greater or less than 11 inches?
Is a metal seal put on the animal?
No. Write the seal number and security code on the permit.
Should I keep the cancelled permit?
Yes. It is best to retain the permit until the animal is eaten.
Can I still go to a check station?
All deer harvested during the November firearm season MUST be checked at a manual check station. Antleope harvested during the October firearm season must checked at a manual check station. All other deer and antelope must be telechecked.
What if I have trouble?
Call Telecheck Customer Service/HELP: (800) 418-4400
Available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST
Why can’t I use Telecheck during the November firearm deer season?
Commission biologists need to collect age data from bucks. We also collect other biological data as needed. The November firearm season is the best time to gather this data.
Where can I find the county license plate code?
Look at the first numbers on a resident vehicle license plate or click here.